Social Media and Leaks

Social Media
Account Leaks

Today I want to talk about the recent social media and google account information leaks. First of all, why do they spout security security and more security when they can't follow the same best practices they preach to their users? Google stored the passwords in plain text. Not even encrypted. Whenever someone logs into Instagram right now all of their contact information is displayed for anyone to see. That means easily scraped from the database into theirs and for whatever reason Chtrbox did just that and stored millions of Instagram's users' contact info in yet another unsecured database. This is either laziness or something else. Personally after I'm done here I am deleting all of my contact info besides my emails from my personal social media accounts. This data leaking is getting out of control and the only way to actually stop it is delete the info. Maybe even then it won't work depending on the practices of these internet sites. I'm cutting this short as it's just a rant but a warning is in order. Do not post what you don't want random strangers knowing.

Comments

Popular Posts