More Lack of Security

Lack of Best Practices
Security

Holy cow guys and gals. Just 4 days ago I had a post about social media storing passwords in plain text for malicious individual to see. Guess what? We now have large corporations deciding to do the EXACT same thing. Why? Why is it so hard to just think "We need to protect our information". It's really not hard. If the common person thought like these companies we'd all be exposed on the internet. Identities all stolen, money gone, privacy wouldn't exist. It's a monkey see monkey do thing I guess. I'm gonna put some numbers out from a study done on IoT (Internet of Things) enterprises.
  
A Zscaler report finds 91.5% of IoT communications within enterprises are in plaintext and so susceptible to interference.
 https://www.zscaler.com/ 
Here's a link to the Zscaler website so you can learn more about what they do. Feel free to check them out.
Numbers are provided by: https://www.itworld.com/article/3396647/study-most-enterprise-iot-transactions-are-unencrypted.html
I find their lack of security, disturbing. It's not even just security there. That's a lack of self-preservation for the companies. Their whole business depends on their data being secure. Yet they don't do it. Do I need the derp donkey again? I think I do.

 I won't use it again on this post but I should. Here's a link to the company's own website. You can tell me if you'd trust them or not after I show the next link.


Now here's the news blurb on why I should use the derp donkey.

https://www.itworld.com/article/3396357/it-services-giant-hcl-left-employee-passwords-other-sensitive-data-exposed-online.html

IT services giant HCL left employee passwords exposed online, as well as customer project details, and other sensitive information, all without any form of authentication, research by security consultancy UpGuard reveals.
 HCL claims on their website that they have 4 proven techniques to stay ahead of your rivals. Is one of them not securing their passwords, revealing sensitive HR records including new hires (including the employees personal info. Cell number, date they were hired, where they were hired, etc.)

This is all open invitation for malicious individuals to steal the employees identities and steal private company information. It nearly happened 54 times according the article. This brings me to my point made from last time. Don't put cell numbers on social media. Don't put your address in. I'm going to add something for Facebook users since FB is known now for not securing data. Don't "Add to your story". It reveals to malicious individuals more than you think it does. I know someone who constantly puts their kids in their stories. Very scary and very risky. Just don't do it. Be safe guys and gals. Until next time.

Comments

Popular Posts