A Good Computer Build

Good Computer Build
Ignoring Invalid Reviews

I'm starting off by saying this is a sort of wish list for a Desktop build. My experience professionally building computers stems from high school. In my A+ class I built three computers for three different teachers as part of the class. One for Language, one for Art and one for Yearbook/Journalism. I'm also going to say that there are a good chunk of reviews for these parts that don't have any real validity to them. The main one I'm bringing up right now is, you don't need to overclock your CPU(Processor). If that's what you're after then go buy a higher powered CPU. I just see that kind of review all the time.  Constantly overclocking your system is so bad for it, no wonder you're system is frying in a month or whatever. 

Also, when you do a review you need to give specific reasons. Any smart online shopper will look at your "It's bad" comment and ignore it. Give reasons why you love it. Give reasons why you hate or anywhere in between. Just give your reasons.

My last piece before I get to the build is I ignored hard drives, cases, and peripherals. I did not include those as you can mix and match a lot more. Oh, one more thing, no I will not buy a generic pre-built computer. They charge way too much. The only "pre-built" I will buy is one someone personally put together, ya know something like if I built one for someone else. 

Ok, so we are starting with the Motherboard. 
This motherboard has enough expansion slots that you won't fall short. Onboard graphics. Supports Crossfire if needed. The Asus ROG line of motherboards hasn't let me down yet. There's more to say about the board but that's what the link is for.

My next item is the CPU. You can never go wrong with the Ryzen series.  https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-amd50-gold-edition/p/N82E16819113102?Item=N82E16819113102 
Ryzen 7 has proven itself over and over. It doesn't need to be overclocked. This is where my earlier rant came from. Plus I see the overclocking thing all day every day in reviews for CPU's. 3.7Ghz 8 core with 16 threads. No. No overclocking. Let's move on.

RAM. I see people over stocking their PC's all the time. Guess what? Windows 10 only recognizes 16 GB. The rest is pointless. No standard PC builder needs more than 16 GB right now. There might be some software out there that requires more but that goes into higher levels of computing. Anyways, here's the link. https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820233852
The Corsair Vengeance line of RAM (Random Access Memory) has been impressing me more and more I hear of it. Not much else to say.

Last piece I'm putting in here is the Graphics Card. The peripheral that allows us to see images on our screen in higher definition. https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-gv-n2080wf3-8gc/p/N82E16814932086
This piece even has a gift attached to it. Cool beans. 3 display ports. 8 GB and NVIDIA. Good mix. NVIDIA in my experience has always been on point. I have nothing negative to say about them. 

So my disclaimer, this just a list of parts that I found on Newegg that would work great. Not perfect but great. This isn't sponsored, I'm not cool enough for that. Also, this of course is not a complete list as I didn't have a PSU(Power Supply Unit), Hard Drive/Solid State, Disk Drives, Wireless Card, Case/Tower, Sound Card (Personally never used one), etc. I made this list to entertain myself and see what was out there. I try to keep up as this industry changes literally every day. Brand new machines are near obsolete in 24 hours or less. I hope you got something out of this post. Comment with your thoughts or email me with a topic that you want me to post about. Until later guys and gals.



 

Comments

Popular Posts