FBI Is Using Facial Recognition

FBI Is Using Driver's License
Facial Recognition

Imagine you just barely got your Driver's License. You're super excited and ready to have your freedom. Well guess what? Uncle Sam already has their eye on you. The FBI is now using anyone and everyone's Driver's License to build a Facial Recognition database including law-abiding citizens that have never committed a crime. I'm not sure about this. I could see them building a database for repeat felons or similar offenses but the average citizen? I don't think so. But for the sake of seeing the other end, I guess if someone who's followed the law to the smallest of details suddenly decides they're going on a crime spree then maybe this is alright. I guess this was bound to happen at some point and I guess right now is the perfect time to get started. Here's the link to more details.


Facial recognition can be a wonderful thing for the average person and I guess it translates to government use as well. The benefits for the public are already here like being able to unlock your smart phone with just your face. I'm hoping we get magnetic locks for our home that unlock with facial ID with backup RFID cards just in case the recognition software doesn't function correctly. This is crazy though. I hope it doesn't get out of control here and they get regulated and controlled somehow. What are your feelings on this? Should they be allowed to collect this data? Let me know in the comments. Until later guys and gals.

Comments

Popular Posts